Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji
History of Pind Bilga
In 1646 A.D., while going to Mao Sahib where he got married with Mata Ganga Ji, Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji took rest in the village of Bilga for two days. Along with Guru Ji were Bhai Gurdas Ji, Sai Mian Meer Ji, Baba Sang Ji, Baba Budha Ji, Baba Chajo Ji, and Baba Manj Ji. The sangat (people) of Bilga served Guru Ji with great devotion. In return, Guru ji was pleased, and gave away his discarded articles as holy blessings after taking a bath. Some of these articles included a Sali (cap), Chola (gown), Pyjama (trousers), Simrana Mala, Batva, Dushala, and Chandan Di Chawanki (stool with brass sheet). Today, these articles are preserved as sacred relics housed in the main gate of Gurdwara Panjvi Patshahi. At the time, Bilga was a settlement of seven jhugis (huts) and Guru Ji blessed these poor hut dwellers and now it has spread into a vast village.